Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

nashy
Senior Contributor

SANE Forums - Staff Update!

Hello everyone!

giphy.gif

As many of you have noticed, our forums are growing and evolving as we move into our sixth year of supporting people with complex mental health. 

The SANE Forums are committed to aligning and supporting the needs of our wonderful community members in getting the most out of this space. We want to continue to focus on building your community, sharing strategies, telling stories and finding positive pathways through our common experience. 

In line with this, I would like to share with you some updates regarding our SANE Forums team.

The first update is we have three new Peer Support Workers joining the SANE Forums!

The role of the peer support worker will be to act as both a Moderator and Community Builder all in one. This means that these particular staff members will be able to connect with you at an engaged level by sharing their own stories of complex mental health and wellness. In addition to this, they will be moderating posts and ensuring the forums are maintained as a safe space. The Peer Support Workers will be on at varying shifts through the week (mostly during business hours). So without further delay please give a big warm hello to –

@Rosie93  @TideisTurning and @Former-Member !

We have our wonderful @Former-Member  online today who will introduce themselves shortly, and then the others will give you a wave early next week 👋👋👋

In more news, some of you may have noticed our wonderful @s-jay  has moved on from the Forums team, but thankfully has not moved too far away! S-jay is now in a very exciting position at SANE Australia and will be over-seeing all SANE support service offerings ensuring they align with best practice (with a particular focus on your wonderful forum community!). The good news is we have an incredible replacement who I would like to introduce - @pipinya ! @pipinya  is our new Forums Lead and is incredibly skilled with an extensive background in mental health. @pipinya  is no doubt excited to meet you all so please feel free to say hey!

And the final update, I will be moving on from SANE Australia to pursue the next step in my career. I will still be around the community right up until November 12th (next Thursday) and will be available to answer any last minute questions or concerns you have 🙂 Our wonderful @Peonies  is still popping in the forums each week, so please don’t hesitate to reach out to either of us if you have any questions about the staff changes via team@saneforums.org

I am mindful there are quite a lot of updates, so I will endeavor to check this thread as often as possible over the course of the next week. To ensure the new peer worker roles make sense, I have put a little descriptor of each forum role below for you, as well as a link again to our guidelines:

Starting with the guidelines:

Community Guidelines help keep the forums space safe, respectful and anonymous. It can be really helpful when you are new to have a read through these so you know a bit more about how the forums work!

Peer Support Workers – the SANE Forums are stoked to be able to introduce peer support workers to the service. Online peer support workers will share their own stories of lived experience of complex mental health in order to support you in your journey. They will ask questions and community build offering their own strategies and advice. Whilst they do also moderate the forums, the core point of difference is a more engaged and in-depth sense of support (similar to a real-life peer support worker!). If you have any questions about moderation, feel free to reach out to the team via team@saneforums.org

Moderators – the forums are moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals. The moderators are excellent, trained legends that read posts and help keep the space safe. Moderators tend not to over-engage in community posting unless they are concerned for a member’s wellbeing or have noted a guideline break. If you have any questions about moderation, feel free to reach out to the team via team@saneforums.org

Community Guides – these are members of the community that add some extra support around the forums for members. The Community Guides are super helpful in welcoming and directing you to useful places where you can meet other members. They do a lot of work to champion the great culture of the SANE forum community.

Community Managers – you might see some of these guys around from time to time! The Community Managers will collaborate and connect with the community in all kinds of ways. This includes running events, asking for your feedback, starting interesting new threads and helping to support members and moderators to maintain the awesome culture of this space. They will help to inform you about guidelines and suggest ways for you to get the most out of your forum experience.

See you around the forums! ❤️

Nashy

42 REPLIES 42
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: SANE Forums - Staff Update!

Hi everyone!

I’m @Former-Member, one of the 3 new Peer Support Workers joining the team.

To introduce myself a bit- some of my favourite things include:

• spending time relaxing in nature
  • music (particularly seeing live music - my favourite genre is rock)
  • animals (especially cats)
  • spending time with loved ones
  • food, &
  • generally trying to make the world a better place.

I’m also very proudly part of the LGBTIAQ+ community, so for those who are also LGBTIAQ+, or are questioning, please know that I am very happy to be here for you as someone who can understand what it can be like.

I’m really looking forward to being part of the community and providing support for you given my own experiences of recovery from complex mental health 😊

Hello dear @nashy 

Firstly Congratulations!!! I will miss you as I know the entire family will, but wish you every success with your new role Heart

Hello @Former-Member and welcome. I do look forward to getting to know you over time 🙂

Thank you @Anastasia legend Smiley Very Happy

So great to hear about your commitment to supporting the LGBTQIA+ community Heart We have a discussion here you may like to contribute to Smiley Very Happy @Former-Member 

D8759B75-B91C-438D-A090-78BCBA62EEA9.jpeg

@nashy ...... ❤️

Hi and welcome @Former-Member .... 👋🌷

V. low energy today.  Talking in pics / emojis ......

Hey everyone,

Great to e-meet you & I'm looking forward to seeing you around the forums!

Yours truly, 

Pipinya 🌿

Welcome @Former-Member 

Hope your time at Sane is a long and good one 😁

Lovely @Faith-and-Hope Heart

Look after yourself and honour those energy levels Smiley Very Happy

Welcome @pipinya 

Am looking forward too to seeing you around the forums 😁😁

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance