Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Re: Online Peer Group Chat// Lessons In Lockdown// Thursday 12th August, 7PM-8:30Pm AEST

Hi @Sophia1 🙂

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to pass on your thoughts. We know that this not only means you're concerned about the best interests of the community, but also that you're experiencing the frustration that a number of people have been, regarding sign-ins - as we've mentioned, the groups were adopted as a pilot service. This means we utilised a test-and-learn approach to develop this service, but this also means that we're always looking at continuously improving. Launching that pilot itself was one way we sought to improve the experiences of people that wanted a group chat space.

As you've mentioned, our forum Topic Tuesdays (with our guest speakers) are easy to access as you just navigate to the TT page. This isn't the case with the groups because they're a separate service to the forums, and to be able to achieve instant chat, we've had to use an instant-chat platform.

In the future we will be exploring options that enable single-sign-on, but we can't promise any dates for that just yet. We will also be looking for an instant-chat platform that's more user-friendly!

So I entirely acknowledge that it's not in it's ideal-state right now, and thank you for your patience regardless, but bear with us as we continue to refine our processes. The group will continue to be offered, so if you'd like, please email us at peersupport@sane.org and we can work with you to set up your account so it's easy for you to jump onto a group in future.

Take care,

Pipinya 🌿

Re: Online Peer Group Chat// Lessons In Lockdown// Thursday 12th August, 7PM-8:30Pm AEST

Hi @Clawde

Thank you for reading the group guidelines. Operating within the guidelines is the best way to ensure that your anonymity is preserved. The decision of whether you would like to use the same username or a different one for the Online Peer Group is up to you, we won't recommend one over the other. You may want to consider if you want to be recognised by other forum members who may also be in the group and vice versa.

Take care, CalmingNature Heart

Thank you also for taking the time  to explain further the hiccups re different platforms.  I openly admit that I hate technology therefore if it does not perform  instantly I become frustrated. You would not believe that there are two highly skilled It gurus in the family. I am sorry that I am. One the wiser and. Ow realise that is my issue. Sophia1

@CalmingNature  Thankyou from Clawde👍

Hi @HenryX 👋

Thanks @HenryX for the touch in the air from your Clawde 👍

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance