Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Re: Online Peer Group Chat// Lessons In Lockdown// Thursday 12th August, 7PM-8:30Pm AEST

I'm sorry, I forgot to tag.

@Sphinxly 

No worries @TAB 

Re: Online Peer Group Chat// Lessons In Lockdown// Thursday 12th August, 7PM-8:30Pm AEST

sorry, I'm not up to setting up passwords and trying to find some chat area, thought it was just a normal group @Arizona 

Me too @TAB 

I have to go to the supermarket and get some chocolate. 

Thank you for tagging me.

well sorry it didnt turn into anything @Arizona  I had chocolate this afternoon lol

Thankyou @Sphinxly 😷 from your Clawde 😳

Clawde donated 10 dollars I know it's not a lot but I have done my best in the dollar amount for today, I just don't understand why we have to have a different Alias when this is promised as our anomity is assured 

why has it been and is different from the Sane website is our guarantee of us all staying private is it still is @Sphinxly  .?

Hello@Clawde & @TideisTurning  , @TAB  , @Arizona  , @Sphinxly  , @Oaktree  , @Sophia1 

Thank you guys for the "Online Peer Group Chat" suggestion and, in particular @Clawde's rally to attend. Unfortunately, I was a long way from home at the time of the session. However, I have a few thoughts to offer.

The issue of difficulty in accessing the various "Online Peer Group Chat" sessions has been reported by several members over the past few months. Some members have reported that the difficulties have left them feeling excluded from some of the chat sessions, in which they would like to have been included. Some have reported that they were not only unable to access chat sessions as Active Participants, but not as Guest Members either.

I have written a fairly detailed "memo" that consititutes a request for this issue, among others, to be addressed.

It seems that access, by members, to these sessions, is so infrequent that when someone endeavours to rally a gathering, as @Clawde  has done this evening, very few, if any of the people invited, knew, if they could have done anyway, how to access the session. As a result, questions are raised, whether well-founded or otherwise, as to the legitimacy of the format and hence the information offered.

This is not only a loss to forum members, in terms of valuable information distribution and sharing, but a loss to the forum as a whole, with respect to informed use and extent of use of the forum functions. Unfortunately, members may not be accessing the full range of forum functions because of artificial "barriers to access".

For Now, Best Wishes

@HenryX 

Yes it just seemed a bit much to go somewhere and an account up at no notice after dealing with software /hardware issues all day recently re me @HenryX the only reason I could think for it is not having to constantly refresh screen like when its in a normal thread?

Hey everyone. I definetley hear you with the frustrations on the online platform and I want to acknowledge that this is an ongoing issue that we are aware of. 

As the OPG was trialed as a pilot program we are still working through some growing pains. Thank you to those who have attended the groups in the past and perseversed, and thank you everyone for your feedback. Everytime our community provides us with feedback we listen, as we do want to make these spaces as accessible and enjoyable as possible. Thanks again!

Hello forum and @HenryX who has put a lot of time and effort into providing feedback to make life easier for your forum members.

I am of the same opinion that having logged onto a forum where I have a user name and password I do not want to create another username and password to  attempt  to be part of a chat?

Why is this a different form to the other discussions where we have had guest speakers?

I am so tired of having to ask questions or justify my not understanding in the real world and feel exacerbated further on a forum offering support.

I feel that "mental health forum" therefore, varying states of mind, symptoms has been overlooked.

Could a new style of interraction be trialed and tested in the background between peer support workers, moderators, technical staff, even community guides asked firstly if they would like to be part of the experimenting stage.

This would alleviate the added burden on those of us who are already worn out, extremely sensitive, in high alert mode and want life to be simpler.

An idea........not a criticism............feedback to help bring about change..........

Sophia1

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance