Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Mazarita
Community Elder

Changes to site functionality

Hi @Daisydreamer and other SANE staff,

I just wanted to make a suggestion for possible future changes to the way the SANE website is designed.

Specifically I'd like to request that both the 'latest discussions' and 'latest posts' sections on the right hand sidebar both default to being open with a list of the latests, rather than having to find and open the 'latest posts' ourselves.

The reason for this request is that, from my experience on the forum over six years now, I have the sense that in the earlier days when the 'latest posts' were the open default, more people engaged with active discussions.

At the moment, I feel that new people to the site may only be seeing the newest discussions, which often are only introductory posts by new members. The design priority to draw most attention to new discussions seems much less likely to connect new members to the actual community of people already here and regularly posting.

I strongly suspect that many new and casual members may not ever notice or click on those drop down menus that are where most of the community is to be found.

Thanks for considering these ideas.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Changes to site functionality

Hi @Mazarita 

Thank you so much for making this thread and letting us know the suggestions you have! It's really helpful for us to know where there are areas for improvement for the forums so when we have projects to make changes to the forums, we know where to start. 

I am going to pass this on to the team to have a look at! 

I can't promise quick change, but something I can advocate for 😊

Wondering if in the interim I could update all the pinned threads in the welcome and getting started section of the forums to highlight the "latest posts" and "latest discussions" for new users who might be navigating the forums. What are your thoughts?

Hi @Daisydreamer Smiley Happy

Yes, sounds like it could help for those who go to that section. 

Thanks for taking into consideration what I have suggested.

Hi @Mazarita 

I have updated the Forums how to – general tips and tricks! section of both forums to include instructions on how to find latest posts, as well as latest discussions 🙂 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance