Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Jacques
Community Elder

Moodtools

Hi Everyone,

I have found a great app that seems to work for me, it has been developed by Mental health professionals, to help sufferers of Anxiety, Depression, Self Harm and suicide Ideation to cope through the dark times.

The app has several parts:

• Information of the Mental health problem
  • Guides on how to cope and treatments available
  • Resources Therapists, etc
  • a test which you can take over time to track your well being
  • Videos for meditation and mindfulness
  • A Thought diary to keep track of your thoughts.
  • Activities you can do to reduce the Anxiety and Depression
  • And most importantly a safety plan you specifically for you, you enter all your own ways of coping and numbers to call in a crisis.

unnamed.jpg

I recommend this app for anyone wanting to help control their anxiety or depression over time.

The links are here if you want to check it out.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moodtools.moodtools&hl=en

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/moodtools-depression-aid/id1012822112?mt=8

Thank you all for reading this.

Good luck 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Moodtools

Looks interesting @Jacques
Does it help you?? How long have you been using it for??

Hi @Crazy_Bug_Lady, thank you for reading this, Well i have been using this App for 2 months now, it helps me by giving me a safety plan with my doctors number, psychologist numbers and crisis numbers, all in an easy to read document for when i am tooo distressed to think straight, and the thought diary and mood test helps to trak my mood over time and to figure out what my triggers are.

i really suffer of a night, so i use it to give me soothing sounds and meditation sounds to try to relax and take my mind off of the dark thoughts.

I was a bit wary of telling anyone about this because i did not want people to think i was advertising, it just helps me, and if it helps others great 🙂

Please do check it out @Crazy_Bug_Lady, i hope it is as helpful for you as it is for me.

Take care, be safe my friend.

Jacques

Polly48
Senior Contributor

Hi just downloaded your recommended app Moodtools. I have Bipolar and moods go up and down on medication and coping Ok lots of support from family and friends .I recently found Sane site and forums and continue to browse the and contribute to Exercise and goal setting in the wellness section Thank you have been wanting something like this app. Cheers,Jacques.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance