Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

CherryBomb
Senior Contributor

What are your top strengths: Take the test

There's an area of psychology called positive psychology. Rather than focus on mental health issues, this area of psychology focuses on the strengths of people.

I thought I'd share this test, which can reveal what your character strengths are.

My top 3 were:

1.) Gratitude 

2.) Humour

3.) Curiousity 

What about you?

19 REPLIES 19

Re: What are your top strengths: Take the test

Patience, persistence and perseverance. Plus humour..gratitude can ebb and flow like leaves in autumn but persistence in trying works every time....

1.Humour
2.Appreciation Of Beauty & Excellence
3.Kindness

Interesting survey!

Interesting! My understanding is that these strengths are our strong behaviours in our day to day living. I definitely see them play out. 

What about you @BananaHammock and @Alessandra1992? Did anything take you be suprise? When I saw my top three, I thought it made sense. Though spirituality was way down the end for me. I thought this was odd, as I consider myself a spiritual person but not so much religious, which I think the questions were pointing towards. 

Um, didn't realise there was a link..oops.

1.Kindness

You are kind and generous to others, and you are never too busy to do a favor. You enjoy doing good deeds for others, even if you do not know them well.

2.Humor

You like to laugh and tease. Bringing smiles to other people is important to you. You try to see the light side of all situations.

3.Social intelligence

You are aware of the motives and feelings of other people. You know what to do to fit in to different social situations, and you know what to do to put others at ease.

Compassionate

loving and kind

resliiance

strong person

caring

perserverence

good friend

@Patricia great list of strengths.

Are they skills/behaviours that have been developed and made stronger through caring for someone or are they character traits that you had before? Or maybe both?

I ask because I think caring for other can certainly make people stronger in ways. Smiley Happy

1 Patience ( unless I'm hyper)
2 Concideration
3 Empathy

Yes but you do need some respite to!
If you don't look after yourself you cannot continue to look after others.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance