Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Del81
Casual Contributor

new member - lost

Hi there, I'm a new member. My life has recently fallen apart and I'm feeling very lost. Not coping but putting on a brave face. I feel like I can't talk to anyone, feeling really isolated, so decided to join to connect with others and also help others through their struggles. I've had to quit my job and wipe people who weren't good for me and finding it really hard to move forward and feeling unmotivated and anxious.
12 REPLIES 12
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: new member - lost

Hi  @del81

Welcome to our forum & community here.

I'm sorry you are struggling and also had people in your life not treating you well- you deserve better !

A lot of your story resonates with me and what I have found helpful is to set yourself some goals and perhaps start by taking some steps towards this. Plus do some activities that ground you and make friends with others that share similar interests to you.

I share some of your feelings and thoughts too. I have been on the forum for a few months now I think but I am finding everyone to be so down to earth and friendly which makes it easy to connect and share what is happening for you without judegement.

To tackle the unmotivation and anxious feelings what as helped me most is exercise, structure, goal setting, social activities, and the key is to be consistent with this- I know at times you will not what to do this but it takes 21 days to break a habit. Another tip is to journal your progress, and that mite help motivate you to stay on track.

Hi @Del81 just wanted to jump in and say welcome to the Forums! Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself and share a bit about what led you to join the community. I hope you will come to meet many friends here - ones that you feel more comfortable sharing your struggles with. Sounds like you have been having a 'spring-clean' of sort recently, clearing out the negative people in your life? Was this partly what lead you to also quit your job? Look forward to hearing more of your story.

Hi @Former-Member

Thank you for welcoming me to the forum. I appreciate your advice. Part of the trouble is I don't really know what interests me anymore or what I want to do with my life, which is making it harder. I'm trying to set small goals, so will just keep going with that for now. The hardest thing is the loneliness. Because I've wiped so many people and vice versa (long story) and now unem

*unemployed... I'm finding it hard to meet new people. Sorry, phone accidentally sent before I was finished lol. Any suggestions are appreciated. It's nice to know people are open and friendly here.

Hi @Mosaic

Yes, I am certainly having a "spring clean" of my life and also why I quit my job. I'm looking forward to meeting new people here, thank you.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi again del81

I'm struggling too atm and feeling a bit stuck. I think the first step is to get into some structure and I understand how you feel lonely. You need to find a purpose and perhaps do some volunteer work if you are not working atm- you mite be able to meet some new people there.

@Del81. Sounds like you have made a lot of changes in your life and major ones. How are coping with the depression / grief of these changes.
I understand that feeling of not knowing what to do next. What career path do I want to take. Don't just want to do any old job. Want to feel useful.
You may find talking to a psychologist beneficial. They can help sort out what is happening in your life. They can also work out what may be holding you back and help you figure out your next career move.

@Former-Member it's not a nice feeling (stuck), is it. I was thinking about volunteering at the local art gallery and a few other places.. I think you're right, structure and a purpose is important.

@utopia I've been up and down, right now I'm feeling the grief and depression side.. Trying to think positive but it's hard without other things to keep my mind busy. I'm seeing a

*psychologist at the moment and its helping. (Accidentally hit "post" again) Even though I'm only new here, its really comforting knowing I can jump on and have a chat with others here, and the advice so far has been great, thank you 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance