Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Shaz51
Community Guide

feeling Mentally Blah ????

-- what would if my Husband said he is feeling Mentally Blah ???? @suzanne, @Mosaic, @NikNik, @CherryBomb, @Appleblossom xx

Hubby has been feeling this a lot lately -- he is blaming the meds

any ideas to help him  will be great xx

6 REPLIES 6

Re: feeling Mentally Blah ????

@Shaz51 I may have posted about this elsewhere. 

You said a while ago that he wasnt taking medication .. is he totally off them ... or on again off again ..?? 

The only thing I know is to find some regular activity that gets him to use his mind again

.. an app .. a hobby..

I have a lot of respect for people in small business ... it takes courage and initiative and get up and go ... how long has he been running the business ... was he ever able to budget for annual leave and sick days?

You have my friend @Appleblossom xx

He is taking anti depressants and anti anxiety meds which he has been taking for a year now

He loves photography --

how long has he been running the business .--- this is the longest he has ever had a job, I am proud of him -- we have been doing it for 7 years now -- I can`t believe it @Appleblossom

.. was he ever able to budget for annual leave and sick days?---- No, I do all this ,

If I up my anti dep and anti anxiety meds one more level .. I become a big placid puddy cat that cant get out of bed ... and just purr with my boyz .. then I hate myself more and mentally spiral down .. so I usually try to reduce meds or have another pdoc consult to find if others are better .. cos I have had too many GP changes ... due to their instability not mine ... I am also cautious.

same here @Appleblossom, My huubby would stay in bed alll day , even now he says he could easily stay in bed all  mornings -- that why he sleeps in on the weekends

Hi @Shaz51

That's a tough one. I don't think 'mentally blah' is a technical term 😉 I have heard it quite frequently though.

All I can speak from is my own experience - when I say 'I feel blah' I usually mean that I'm feeling flat, which I guess could also mean a number of things from person to person.

Something that I have found useful when trying to understand how someone feels is by asking, what would the opposite of 'mentally blah' look like? What would be different to now?

Nik

Hello @NikNik,

yes interesting

so He says he feels slack, lack of moviation

what would the opposite of 'mentally blah' look like? -- to him I think it is what he used to do a five  years ago , always on the go

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance