Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Tattoonurse
Casual Contributor

Lost in my mind

I have never been on a forum before but need to get out of my head what's in it so here goes

I started getting hormone injections after surgery for endometriosis and i am now feeling lost alone and can't shut down my head. I suffered years of abuse growing up. ....have been in the mental health system for over half my life . But i broke free i got a nursing degree and things were fine until the surgery in 2013. The past two years have been tough but now now i have had enough the thoughts the wanting to self harm and the thinking and trying to work just to live causes me pain. I no i can get through this just need more help and support where can i find this. # new to wa
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Lost in my mind

Hi Tattoonurse

Just read you post and wanted to welcome you to the forum. If you need professional support you can always call lifeline 131114. I hope you enjo being part of our community.

Regards

Artaud

Hi @Tattoonurse I'm new here too, infact I just signed on a day or so ago.

I was looking around online for some kind of info or tips to help me with my Bipolar because I am overseas and so finding it difficult to tap into the mental health system back in Aus. That's when I stumbled across these forums.

So far I have found it really helpful even just reading personal experiences of other people who are actually battling mental health issues (rather than the clinical definitions of symptoms which is what seems to dominate all the stuff online). 

Welcome to the Forums @Tattoonurse and @grubbytoes

@Tattoonurse, I’m so sorry to hear what you’re going through right now. It sounds like you’ve been strong and have gotten through some tough times in the past, and you know you can do it again. That’s great!

Our hormones can certainly mess with our emotions. Did the practitioners talk to you about possible side effects of the hormone injections? Or has that something you’ve been able to chat to a GP about?

I think you’ll find these Forums are a great source of support. There are lots of kind and caring members here. What other support do you have at the moment?

@grubbytoes, I imagine it must be difficult to try to find the support you need from outside the country. I’m glad you stumbled upon us Smiley Happy

Welcome @Tattoonurse

Congrats on your degree and successes with MI in the past. It is interesting that the endometriosis surgery  triggered you again.  I hope you find some relief reading and sharing ... I was always envious of nurses when I was a young mum ... if only I knew what to do with those little bodies ... beyond my First Aid Training. Woman HappyWoman FrustratedWoman Happy

Thanks for saying hi is nice to no I'm not alone liking this so far

Dear @Tattoonurse
We have met before haven't we ? I like your way of writing your life, it's short and sounding feminine
I live in W a too. Have you experienced Graylands yet ? I personally found Perth Clinic better to go to but those were the years I had private medical funds .......
How are you today @tartoonurse ?
I spent many years not knowing about support. The best places I get/ got support is having a wonderful GP and Aradmi which is situated on lord street and this is where my journey to tell being in mental health began

Robert Sapolski an neuroendocrinologist talks about hormones being implicated in MI in his many utube videos.

Dont know if that helps though ... Good Luck

Not sure if we have met before but could be quite possible i have been in and out of freo and once in Charlies i also am with the open borders at hrs. People have been great on here so far the sport is good for me right now knowing I'm not alone.

I have spoken to the doctors about the side effects but the problem is i am in chronic pain with the endo and have allergies to most pain medication so this is my last hope if it doesn't work i have to have more surgery. I can't go through that again! The treatment is for six months, three months of hell down 3 to go! !!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance