Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

comormiss
New Contributor

Bpd and Anorexia

Ive always been a fussy eater but over the last 6 months its gotten out of control. I keep reading bpd and eating disorders but i dont know the connection. I know i need help but i dont know where to start. Im not able to see a psychologist as i have used up all my sessions for the year. I feel very out of control and lost. I dont know what to do
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Bpd and Anorexia

Hello @comormiss Welcome to the forums. I am glad you have found this community to support you. Noticing a change in your wellbeing is an important symptom to pay attention to. The confusion about what to do can be another symptom. You have done the most important part in reaching out here for ideas and support. Have you explored bulk billed options with your GP? There are public funded facilities for eating disorders and mental illness support that you may be able to utilise. Sometimes the psychologist you have been seeing on a mental health care plan will continue to see you for a reduced rate if they know it is the difference between continuing or not. Letting your health professionals know that finances are a barrier to receiving the care you need is a good place to start. I hope you get some supportive responses on the forums from what the community knows about what you are experiencing. Who else knows? Are family and friends understanding? Who is your greatest ally who could help with the next step?

Hey there @comormiss it's great that you've been courageous enough to seek help and try to understand what you're going through a bit more. I understand that this a confusing time and it can be really hard talking about an eating disorder so I applaud you for taking the first step. I think that it's important to recognise that eating disorders often go hand in hand with other mental illnesses, so its completely normal to be experiencing one while having BPD. I was just wondering where you live? Our organisation, EDV (Eating Disorders Victoria), is based in Victoria, However if you live in another state we can assist you in finding help in your area. We have a helpline which operates from Monday-Friday and from 9-5pm. Our helpline operators can assist you with finding a psychologist or GP, giving you more information about eating disorders, assisting you with exploring treatment options that are suitable for you or even just offering some support. If you would like to give us a call our number is 1300 550 236. I wish you all the best, and hope to hear from you soon. 

I highly recommend EDV.

Even if not in Victoria, the online forum and helplines are an incredible support.

When I could talk to no one else, I could EDV. It is a very safe place, kept free from triggers. It is not for profit and so won't take advantage of your illness, sell you anything.

Massive hugs.

I'm new here,
I don't have advice but i can tell you you're not alone
I have BPD and it has some sort of eating disorder with it, i think im improving my eating habbets and then next thing i realise i havent eaten for 2 days. It just skips my mind, almost like i forget to feel hungry. I dropped from 58 to 43 kg in 2 months and i still have no control of it.

I have found that it is easier to depend on someone to sit you down and eat with you.
It helps to have someone in your life that is educated on BPD and can see the importance of the role they will play.

Never force it, i found it a lot easier to eat a tiny bit of what ever when ever i felt like it, rather than scheduled eating times ( breakfast lunch dinner)

Be patient, if you know something is wrong but you can't get help quickly, dont beat yourself up about it, accept that it is there and try and stay positive by aiming for tiny goals because baby steps are easier with food
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance