Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

maddison
Senior Contributor

Topic Tuesday, May 24

this is just a quick, touching base post. I have just read the thread discussing stigmas and misconceptions associated with Schizophrenia. I was unable to join the live chat, but as I live with someone diagnosed with this, I found it interesting and informative.

Some of the topics that stood out to me were the suggestions of nightmares/ sleep hallucinations in someone with Schizophrenia. I have witnessed this, but never made the connection that this could be a symptom. thankyou @Barbara for mentioning this.

Another good reminder for me, was the emphasis on state of "disorganised thinking". It is important for me to know that all minds operate differently. Hopefully I can be more understanding, and not become as frustrated when someone else behavior is odd to me.

thankyou, @Outlanderali and for all others participated.
kind regards,
Maddison
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Topic Tuesday, May 24

Hi @maddison

I couldn't agree more. It was such an interesting and inspiring Topic Tuesday. Overall, I found the TT full of hope. Even though people are going through really tough times and work really hard to manage their own or their loved one's symptoms, I found that the overwhelming vibe of the night was that people with a diagnosis of schizophrenia, can still lead productive and meaningful lives.

There were such a diverse range of experiences expressed during the night - people with lived experience of schizophrenia, people who had partners, children, friends etc with the diagnosis. It was a very insightful Topic Tuesday for me.

For those who missed it, you can check out the Topic Tuesday about schizphrenia here

Re: Topic Tuesday, May 24

hi,

Thanks @NikNik  , yes I thought it very positive overall too. Lots of stigma attached to MI, but seems as a community we are becoming more educated, a great thing! Nice to have a site like this for ppl as an outlet and learn, also.

Thank you,

Maddison

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance