Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

HellonWheels
Senior Contributor

Tired

I'm so tired a lot of the time
What helps other people? I have bipolar
I've had tests and tried different natural therapies. Now I just eat averagely as I don't feel there are any therapies that will help with this.
3 REPLIES 3
Hollyblossom
Casual Contributor

Re: Tired

Hi Hellon 🙂

I have rapid cycling bipolar II. If you're in the middle of a depressive episode, the best thing you can do is to not beat yourself up about the fatigue, since that's part of being depressed (especially in bipolar depression). A GP or another member here might be able to help you draw up an exercise plan that's compatible with your current energy levels. If you're in relative remission, I found cognitive therapy really helped me feel less at the mercy of the mood cycling, and helps me enjoy the periods of remission, even if I still experience mild depression during them.

Walking is usually suggested as the most accessible form of exercise, and I find it definitely pays dividends for my energy levels, bringing me up to being able to go for jogs or ride my scooter.

Flower88
Senior Contributor

HI @HellonWheels I have generalised anxiety disorder and I find that I get tired 24/7 to. Make sure you are having light healthy food before bed and herbal tea. Go seek out a naturopath and if you can listen to some meditation. Eating healthy is hard when you have this challenge in your life, believe me the fish n chip shop has been my enemy/best friend. I try and eat as healthy as I can and having good energy boosting shakes in the morning. I was given remotive from my naturopath which I feel had helped me with my moods 🙂 make sure you have a good sleep tea before bed too. I find it relaxing to have shower before bed and a heat pack on my back with the fan on. Go for little walks now and then too.
Alone
Senior Contributor

Hi HellonWheels,

I'll agree with the others that eating well can help with tiredness, when you eat poorly your body is trying to convert that to energy and it takes more effort.  Walking is a great exercise, I love my daily walk.

I've also found that short, sharp bursts of exercise are great for focussing my mind and giving me energy.  Interval workouts or boxing in particular help me.  The short time frames in interval training mean I dont have to concentrate for a long time.   A lot of people think that boxing is about letting out aggression but I find it really helps me to get focussed.  I'm purely self taught via youtube videos and have gone out and splurged on a boxing tower & gloves, and I love it (though I would never hit a human!)

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance