Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

utopia
Senior Contributor

Old is new Again

I went to a local pub today. My friend was performing & I hadn't seen her sing for a long time. I went with another friend. I stayed for almost 2 hours. I didn't have a drink - just plain coke cola. Today is 8 weeks & 4 days sober. & I went to a pub & didn't drink. Started to get very busy & far too many people crowded into a small space. I could feel the anxiety rising, but I managed to stick it out for another 20 minutes before I had to get out of there. Been home an hour & still feel a bit off (anxious) - so I'll go and do a mindfulness meditation and calm myself down a bit.
But happy that I managed to go somewhere I used to go and enjoy - pre MI.
4 REPLIES 4
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Old is new Again

@utopia, 🏆WELL DONE! Success breads success. Not easy to change habits in old environments💪 (old becomes new), but you did it! Think i know how it feels to unwind & settle after being out with people. Glad you have mindfulness skills & using them. Like hearing success stories, gives me hope. Thanks 🌟

Congratulations @utopia you did it; you got through the day. And great to see that you have some tools to help you tonight 🙂

Well done xxxooo

Former-Member
Not applicable

@utopia that is a great achievement!!! So proud of you!!! Hope that you will be able to centre yourself and have a relaxing night.

Xox

Thank you @Former-Member @BlueBay @Former-Member. Yes was a good day and I'm proud of my achievements. Did a quick 10 minute anxiety mindfulness exercise I sometimes listen to. Calmed me down very quickly. I think the more I practice, the easier it becomes to calm down. Will probably always have a levelvof anxiety, but can cope better now. It doesn't have to build and take over.
How did your weekends go?
Pouring with rain here. 10 degrees but feels like 3 degrees. Rugged up in bed with electric blanket and a good book?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance