Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Chippet
New Contributor

Nausea and anxiety

Hi guys

I have acknowledged to myself that I actually have anxiety. I couldnt really believe that all the nausea, heart pulpitations and loss of appetite over the last 3 months was all due to this. But... I witnessed myself the on and off switch in my head 2 days ago and thats when I realised it was.

I was vomitting all morning - of course nothing was coming back up and then driving in the car with my husband talking about anxiety and then POW! No sickness, got hungry and no heart pulpitations. It was like the anxiety disappeared. Of courses this only lasted till the next day and back to feeling sick but I realised at that moment it was all anxiety.

I've accepted the fact that I need help. My brain is stuck in a vicious loop that I cant get out of on my own. Started anti-depressants and just seen a psychologists.

I've been on the anti-depressants for just under 2 weeks and still no change. Probably a little more anxious and nauseated since being on them.

My question is, how long were you on meds before you started to feel better and if it helped with nausea and heart pulpitations? I only want to hear the good stories as I dont think I could handle anything negative right now. I NEED HOPE.

Thanks guy
1 REPLY 1

Re: Nausea and anxiety

Hi @Chippet

Welcome to the Forums. It seems you've posted in the 'Carers Forum' and I think your post will get more responses in Lived Experience, so I've moved it here.

I think your question about medication is a great one & I'm sure other members will share their own experiences with you.

Some members that come to mind include @MoonGal (who shared some of her experiences with meds here ) and @Hazelle (here). Both of these members posted in a now closed discussion about medication, so maybe they can stop by this thread and shed some light.

There's also a great discussion called 'Medication' started by @diarose_, which you might find interesting too!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance