Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Bimby2
Senior Contributor

Looking after our well being

Liked what I read about using a 'Coping Box' which was dated from 2015 but still relevant at anytime.

Thanks to the person who suggested same. Love the song " Smoke gets in your eyes" which does happen

that causes tears to flow and heal the soul. Would put a treasured photo of my late husband, photos of

close friends, collected cheerful sayings and lots of hugs to hand out to those who feel lost at times and

in need of friendship. We all need a 'Coping Box' for down days and also good days to make us see that

life is still worth living and there is a purpose for same. May this be a good week for each forum friend

member. Cheers and best wishes. Bimby2 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Looking after our well being

Hi Bimby2. Hope this week is also good for you. Be kind and gentle to yourself. I also love John Farnham's 'Touch Of Paradise'. We all need a touch of paradise.

Our experience and stories

Not having a good start to the day but hope it will get better. Feel nauseous and anxious - might be getting

a viral bug - hope not. Do  others find that the morning times are the most trying hours? Have tried to have

optimism in my dealing with life's challenges but sometimes feel overwhelmed with same. Starting  a

Coping Box as soon as I find things that I want to treasure to keep inside for looking at on down days.

Hope this makes sense as feel all at sea this morning. Love all you people who give such support on this

forum - may your week go well. Thanks from Bimby2.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Bimby2 I don't think I've met you yet. 😊
My morning didn't start well at all. Woke up extremely tired and cranky. Drove my girl to school and had to go back to bed. I managed to get a load of washing on the line first.
I hate feeling like this and hate feeling like I'm wasting life.
So much to do and no energy to do it.
Some days I'm ok. Yesterday I pushed myself hard when out for a walk.
Had an upset which triggered ptsd.
I thought I handled ut well , but my body tells me otherwise. 😯
Very frustrating.
I better get moving. Shower might help. 😀
I hope you're not getting a virus.
Lots of rest and water for you. 😀
Maybe a nap, if you can. 😴

Hi @pip 💜
Not sure what a coping box is. 😊
I certainly need to cope though. 😀
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Bimby2 Regarding mornings, I'm a terrible morning person, especially when I have to get up early. I don't function well at all, need strong coffee and toast before I talk to anyone. 😂
I love sleeping in. ❤

Afternoons I feel exhausted as well. Around the time to get dinner started.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh sorry, it was @Bimby2 who mentioned the coping box. 😊
Former-Member
Not applicable

I need another strong coffee and food.  Not thinking straight. 😂
I go really flat and sometimes shakey if I don't eat regularly. Anyone else the same?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance