Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Phear
Casual Contributor

It's not so much a discussion

Ive been looking around just seeing what everybody says in the discussions and the one thing that hit me was how well each member talks and answers others, i dont know how you all do it i just carnt seem to jion in, im just haveing a ruff time at the moment with hallusionations and stuff keep me confused gogt my phyc appiontment tommorow but if its like the last few i leave thinking i didnt say much and then forget that evern forget most of what he says as well anyway cheers

3 REPLIES 3

Re: It's not so much a discussion

Welcome @Phear

I find it difficult to think or talk straight when I have too much going on in my head.

A lot of us have been through times when our functioning has been down.

Hope you keep posting.

Hi @Phear,

how did your psych appointment go?

I know some people have suggested that before they go to appointments like that they write down everything that they want to say (bullet points) so they dont forget and get the doctor to write down the main things to remember because your right soooo much information is often spoken about but when we are unsettled or down we just dont "hear" others. Maybe next time?

I was also thinking when I read your post that its funny how you say how well others speak and express themselves when it seems like you have expressed yourself very clearly, i hope you keep posting!

Hey @Phear,

personally, there are lots more times I come here and read, than I come here and post. And that's totally because of the way/s my stuff is going. When I'm firing, I'm thoughtful, well written, knowledgeable. When I'm not firing, I'm, well, not even just travelling on 5 of 6 cylinders, but more often than not, more like 2 of 6.

and then there's those times that I come here to connect with others, and midway through writing I get so teary that I don't finish... (But I do save those things to stick into my journal and to maybe discuss with a therapist).

i don't think anyone here is anything but wanting to create supportive community. Do not judge yourself unfairly; it's not helpful to your mental health.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance