Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

I've had really bad day yesterday & today

Hi Guys,

I've had a bad day because of family dynamics and feeling very much alone. And it has really triggered my depression- I feel so bad that I want to go into hospital.

69 REPLIES 69

Re: I've had really bad day yesterday & today

Hi @Former-Member

I'm sorry to read that you're not travelling so well Smiley Sad It's great that you can recognise the trigger and know what will be helpful for you to get through this. Hopefully that means you can jump on things quickly to get on top of things.

What would need to happen to get you to hospital? Is it a matter of presenting at emergency? Or do you need to go through your psychologist / treating team?

Please don't feel alone - the community is here 🙂

I feel very much the same as you right now @Former-Member. I'm sorry I don't have much to offer right now but I think it's a good idea if you need to go to hospital to go. I'm so sorry you are going through this right now. Thinking of you, sending hugs💜💐

Hi @Former-Member i'm sorry that you're not ok and have been triggered so badly. 

I hope that it helps to be here with us, can you call anyone else as well so that you're not alone? or lifeline?

here with you,

lj

I feel for you. Been in your situation many times. I hope you get the help and support you need and feel better soon.

Hi @Former-Member. Sorry to hear that your depression has hit so hard. Until or if you go to hospital, what would you like from us. Would you like to chat here now - about what happened with your family - or your feelings right now - or would you like some help with coping techniques? What do you think you need?
I think it's a positive that you can recognise when you need extra help. Hospital can be a very safe place to go when you need it.
Please keep in touch. All the best

Hi @Former-Member

It astounds me that so many beautiful people like yourself are feeling so alone!! Loneliness is the pits - has health/family problems been preventing you from getting out and about and mixing? Are there any face to face support groups for depression where you live that you could try for ongoing help, support and face to face friendship? Am here if you want to talk my friend. Hang in there as the sun will shine for you again. Lots of love 

Hi @utopia @Bridgetjones @Former-Member @Former-Member @NikNik

Thank you for your messages.

I'm feeling bad thats why I mentioned hospital but the thought of going in makes me feel bad too. I was meant to go into hospital almost two weeks but I cancelled my admission.

I worry that noone will understand or blame me for what as happen. Growing up and even now I have very little support and that really hurts me. I'm trying my best to desrcibe my family of origin which is diffcult. The problem is I have three oldr brothers and their was a hugh gap in age between me and them- 10,12 &14 years. My mum overdosed when I was 8,10 &12, she was put on life support and was very sick.

I'm not sure how to desrcibe the family dynamics but to say it was very diffcult for me growing up & now. My sister in law thinks very little of my parents and me. And that really hurts me.

I will try to explain some more later. What do you think I should do?

Oh @Former-Member i hope I haven't been triggering you 😔  I just want you to get better. Have you been in hospital before? If not it may well be worth trying. When I've been really bad even one or two nights helps me break the cycle a bit. You need to do what feels right for you though. 💜😊

@Former-Member You didn't triggr me at all. You have really helped me !!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance