Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

utopia
Senior Contributor

Great session with psychologist

@BlueBay @Former-Member @Decadian @Former-Member @Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @Former-Member @TAB & anyone whose name I forgot or who just may be interested.
Had session with my psychologist today. Reflected on what I've learnt and been thinking about re:values and how to recognise those values in others - for friendships, love or work. Discussed how I'm having very little negative self talk and when I do, I'm able to distinguish if it's real - and then I can make changes or if it's false and then I can tell it to bugger off.
Discussed I'm gardening more, seeing friends more, putting myself out more and willing to try more. Also discussed routine getting better but still don't have housekeeping routine but thats probably because I don't enjiy it and can be prone to laziness (part of my personality).
All really goid. He thinks we should now start delaying our appointments further apart - as I'm coping so much better. Slowly ween (whene) me off him. Bit like a baby off a breast.
Weeks ago this would have terrified me.
Today I just feel happy about it. It feels right. And I know if I have a struggle I can't manage myself - he will squeeze in an extra appointment for me.
So all perfectly goid. Just feels right.
Still have to keep doing my exercises relaxation etc. Still need to keep checking I'm on the right track. Still need to work on Judgements (me making judgment as well as others) and my expectations. But I know I can do that. I'm doing it now.
I really hope this posts inspires others and lets them know that life can improve and we can learn how to deal with stress in a safe and healthy way.
♥♥♥♥♥
77 REPLIES 77

Re: Great session with psychologist

Brilliant news @utopia!

..he/she .. can be funny re what opposing sexes are using ..for what .. have had massages from a male a few times forever ago but not comfortable with it since, am ok with male counsellors, but females seem to have the 'edge' mostly ..bit more intuitive maybe dunno @utopia

THIS IS SO AWESOME @utopia🎉💐💜😊👏👍🍾

I am totally inspired by you at the moment. That concept of feeling in control of yourself and being ok to start spreading appointments out seems like suge a huge milestone to me and it appears it is for you as well. 

I hope you get to bottle this feeling up to remember if things slip a bit, but I have a huge feeling that you've got this now. CONGRATULATIONS and WOHOO 🎉💐💜🍾😊😘

Umm I hot that post button too quickly. .... what you described is pretty much where I'm at now. OK I contacted my psychologist yesterday and we've spoken by phone a couple of times today - so his support is still available when I recognise that I need a sounding board.

I'm so happy for you. It just proves that the hard work you've done is really paying you 10 fold. 🌞💯% 👏👏👏👏

One day @Kurra@utopia I hope to join that club too. Seems like a cool place to be💜😊

I am so happy for you @utopia - this is a really great milestone.

It is awesome that you feel ready for the weaning off process, this will also free you up for more time doing things you are interested in. Well done!

Big hug x

@Teej wrote:

THIS IS SO AWESOME @utopia🎉💐💜😊👏👍🍾

I am totally inspired by you at the moment. That concept of feeling in control of yourself and being ok to start spreading appointments out seems like suge a huge milestone to me and it appears it is for you as well. 

+1 It's such a good feeling to get to that place where therapy is no longer about to dealing with problems and it's more about feeling good. Awesome news @utopia

Fantastic @utopia...you always have insight & thoughtful thoughts.
I'm glad you are kicking goals, especially selling raffle tickets!!
Its true mood depicts how we function.😊👏

.. @utopia does that mean we have lost the 'wisest voice' Cat Happy it's for you, woman, it;s your life, and thanks for all your free therapy .. lol  ..is this a 'break up party?' ..Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance