Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Queenie
Community Elder

Finally home from hospital

Well I'm home from hospital after 4 weeks in a private clinic for schizophrenia and depression. 

I still hear voices, but nowhere near as badly as I did when I first was admitted. 

An increase in my antipsychotics are the order of the day it seems. I asked for a referral to a psychologist for therapy, but it was denied unfortunately. I'll follow it up now I'm home by way of a mental health care plan with my GP. 

It's good to be home!

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Finally home from hospital

Hi @Queenie, Its great to hear that you are home and feeling better. Wishing you all the best. Bridgetjones

Thanks @Bridgetjones 🙂 

It's a good feeling! 

Hey @Queenie

What fabulous news! Do follow up with your GP for a mental health plan. If you can find a psychologist who is the right fit for you it can be an invaluable resource.

Welcome back 👏👏💕

@Kurra thanks for the welcome back into the world. I'll certainly mention a care plan to my GP when I see them next. I think the services of a psychologist who is skilled in schizophrenia would be extremely helpful to me. 

@Queenie. So good to have you back. And thankful your hospital stay have made some improvements in your health.
Great to know you are being proactive with getting a referral. Well done.
I hope things keep improving now you're home.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Great work @Queenie. Glad your home and in much better shape. Onwards and upwards from here again. 👍💜😊

Hello queenie, i also have schizophrenia and depression and anxiety. I have been hospitalised many times in the past. I still hear voices everyday and im on different types of medications. I see a psychiatrist but the voices dont seem to go away. My voices tell me bad things, never nice. At the moment my partner has gone overseas and left me here with my family but i only really connect with my partner. He has gone for a family emergency. Sometimes i dont know what to do and how to manage my voices. Im happy to hear you are out of hospital and I wish you all the very best.

Thanks @utopia, @Former-Member and @Miss_S for your well wishes, they mean a lot to me.

@Miss_S schizophrenia is a cruel disorder I find, in that connections with people can become so fractured that you only truly connect one or very few people in your outside world. For me, its my wonderful gf. She must have the patience of a saint I can tell you, last night in my dreams I spoke out loud "I hate you". She thought I was awake and saying it to her, which I wasn't. Who knows who I was saying it to really, I cannot remember. 

My voices were particularly bad last night, but I managed to get through without too much medication which is a good thing I suppose. I see you struggle with voices, have you ever thought about attending a voice hearers group at all? They are all over the country in various locations. I actually co-facilitate one and I find that helps a great deal. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Queenie

Glad you are home, though i wish that they had more success with helping get rid of the voices. Anti psychotics are a difficult group of meds 😞 

Fingers crossed you can find a good psychologist!

lj

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance