Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

sh72
New Contributor

Beware of suicidal thoughts on antipsychotic medication

Just wanted to spread a word of warning about some depot injections. Despite the doctors rave rreviews,this drug made me an anxious suicidal mess. It was the worst experience of my life. When I told the doctor and nurses, they didn't believe me until I had a near fatal attempt at my life. I had four doses and It took about two months to get out of my system and I felt normal again.obviously doesn't effect everyone the same but be aware it can make you anxious and suicidal.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Beware of suicidal thoughts on antipsychotic medication

Hi @sh72

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for your post. 

Sorry to hear about what happened to you - it sounds like an awful experience! Unforntunately we don't allow users to name specfic medications here on the Forums, but it's a good point you raise about antipsychotics affecting everyone differently, and the importance of talking with your medical team about possible adverse side effects before starting any medications.

Thanks for your post and hope to 'see' you around soon!

All the best,
supernova.

@sh72: I found the opposite from depot injections. Since starting on one, I've found I've spent less and less time in hospital due to suicidal ideation and am able to live a relatively 'normal' life. I've been through a myriad of medications in the past and thankfully the combo I'm on now works well for me. 

Thanks for your post 🙂

I've been on other depot injections and didn't have this problem, I wasn't meaning all depots just one in particular that I didn't know I couldn't name until I tried to post, I got censored. Anyway I just wanted to share my recent experience in hope it may save someone else a similar bad experience. Public health doctors don't often give their patients adequate time and respect to discuss medication, if your on a cto, you just have to do what they say to stay out of hospital. That's been my experience
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance