Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Moni1
New Contributor

Support groups

Hello I am new to this forum ,I wanted to no if there is any programs in the Newcastle area NSW for depression and anxiety that anyone knows of as I would like to start going to support groups .Thankyou

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Support groups

Hi @Moni1

Welcome to the Forums. We are an anonynous forum, so people won't be able to share support groups they attend - but people are welcome to recommend organisations or places to start looking.

Just to clarify, were you looking for a support group for your own depression and anxiety or are you a carer of someone with depression and anxiety, so are looking for a support group for carers?

Take care,

Nik

Re: Support groups

One organisation that comes to mind is ARAFMI Hunter. They are an organisation who aim to help carers of people with a mental illness. On their website their is a page for local support groups - which I hope you find helpful!

And of course you can use these forums as a type of support group - obviously it's not face to face - but it's here 24/7 if you ever want to drop by Smiley Very Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance