Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

Thanks @suzanne 🌷

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi guys, just picked up on this thread. Thanks for callout. I'm usually good for cuppa here anytime. So we missed you. Night 🌹

Not so @Former-Member ..... 😏

West coast time over here ....

Hiya 💕

Former-Member
Not applicable

♨Coffee time! Cappucino please, Arr! Thanks!
trust your day is going ok everyone. Thinking of you @F&H re WH, D3, dad etc. Hope you spot your 🐬-🐬-🐬 more on your walks, to bring joy and strength to recharge the soul. One day at a time. 🌷

@Former-Member

I see 🐬🐬🐬's ....... 😄

Really playful this morning - big splashes and racing ... must be the burst of fine weather. Very sunny here ...

Former-Member
Not applicable

🐬🐬Thats great @Faith-and-Hope, the boost they bring you practically 🐬jumps🐬 out my smartphone, happy for you! Sunny here too, spring is in the air, can't wait 🌞 💜💕
Former-Member
Not applicable

Need a coffee ♨ alone's ok too. Leaving them to it, reminds me of old days, not much relevant to say, can't keep up etc. I tried. Just having a breather. A quiet hot comforting drink.

You have a lot to say that is very worthwhile @Former-Member.

You call a spade - a spade ❣

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Faith-and-Hope, i can only try. Probably too blunt at times, i guess, but you should see my family carry on - got nothing on them. Sometimes i find other people talking about their struggles & blessings, with their kids difficult, especially the girls & if i can relate. I get vivid movie runs of memories in my mind as we speak and sometimes it hits me hard - the loss. Out of the blue. Its not fair. My son's partner is not friendly toward me really - didn't even open the card attached to the fondu gift - just said "oh cool" and put it to one side. Wish she was as inclusive with me as my my boy is with her family. But maybe I'm not perceiving things accurately there re 'blackdog' lenses. Just have to not overthink it all, but my heart, my heart still feels.

Big hugs @Former-Member 💜🌷💜

Wish I was there to give you a cuddle .... virtual ones will have to do, but at least we have those ....

With your DIL it will take time .... one of my sisters-in-law is from a family who never open gifts in front of the giver .... somehow it's perceived as greedy ..... go figure ... it's a gift !! 😳😜😆  Anyway, I often don't get any feedback at all, or even see the gift in use ..... it takes all sorts ....

I do know they have grown to love and appreciate me, but I was very lonely and unappreciated in this family for a long time.  I was breaking the mould you see .... and that wasn't welcome at the time .... but they have progressively caught on and made their own way out of the places they were stuck in to varying degrees.

Give your DIL time, and gentle caring attention .... she will mature with life experiences too.

💐

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance