Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Usedtotrust
Casual Contributor

Support Groups

Hi All,

As you will note, new to the forum and totally unsure if i am in the right place to ask this question, i am looking for a support group after leaving an abusive relationship, i am in central victoria (Bendigo), feeling very lost and the panic attacks and anxiety levels are extremely high, My counsellor agrees that i need to talk with people so i dont completely isolate myself but i am unable to find a group and feeling safe and comfortable is really important.

thank you for taking the time to read and any and all help is gratly appreciated, sorry to bother you all

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Support Groups

Hi @Usedtotrust

As this is an anonymous site, members are unable to recommend support groups they may attend, as it will make them identifiable.

However, I would suggest calling Anxiety Disorders Association of Victoria - they may be able to refer any support groups they have in their database.

You could also call SANE's Help Centre on 1800 18 7263 or use their online chat during business hours.

This community is always available if you would like a group of people to connect with 🙂

Hope this gets the ball rolling for you.

Hi mate. Here if you ever need a chat.

Thanks mate. Unsure what the rules were here..

Hi hamburger,

Thanks so much for making contact, as I mentioned above having left the relationship the reality of the therapy and the dialogue that has caused has left me, with extreme social anxiety and panic attacks, I am becoming a shut in, in my own home, feeling like everyone is judging me and the fear I feel about running into the person who has treated me this way is crippling, I am not eating unless I have company to distract me and sleep is a thing of the past, years of being told everything you don't do and having every negative thing pointed out to you has left me with no resilience or confidence whatsoever ever

Thanks for the outlet

No probs, I get nervous alot. They reckon facing your fears is the go....but I find if im forced to do that its all fake on my part...wish u well
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance