Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Jamc
Senior Contributor

Getting back to work

After being on Stress Leave 4 most of the year my Psychologist said i have leveled out if i can stay at this level should be good just signed an agreement to do gradualy retuirn 2 work next year good thing about working in Goverment at least they give the space 2 get together not like private where they throw u 2 the wolves 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Getting back to work

Hi @Jamc

That's great news for you! Are you excited to be getting back to work? It sounds like you and your psychologist have put some plans in place so you don't get dumped in the deep end, which is a great ideas.

Good luck and let us all know how you are going!

outlanderali

Thanks 4 the suport went 2 work yesterday they have said the plan i have 2 get to work is good but if i find it to hard we can change it with my doctors help plus there is no pressure on me just take it as I need

Hi @Jamc Great news to hear your employer has been so supportive and encouraging you to return to work as you feel ready. At the SANE Help Centre we often hear from people who have had the opposite experience, so I loved hearing this! Fellow member @Former-Member recently returned to work as a teacher – I wonder if she could share with you a bit more of her experience in making this transition. Hope it is all going well so far.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Mosaic - My job doesn't start till next Yr. It really hasn't been great, it's a new workplace and there's no way to ease back in other than lose my full time permanency now (dept gave me this year off as special leave but I have to go back now) so will try to be ok before I go back next year. My orientation day with the new class was awful and I have no idea how I'm actually going to cope. I was always the most confident at work before - it was the one thing I felt comfortable and confident at, now I'm not sure who I am anymore if I'm struggling so much with it. Sorry not very helpful

Even i am a cleaner most of the staff are supportive just had Dinner on Sat with a couple of the Teachers i clean their rooms for my birthday on Wensday the Rehabilitation Officer at has had a talk with other cleaners and explained to them that this how it will work even been told i can not lose my work hours even if i am only slowly go back to work it is great having income protection through my Super fund

Sorry to here that even though i love the work support & Super Fund Support i am still getting self doubt feelings see my Psychologist on Wed she helps lot 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance