Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: The Weekly Friday Feast

Hi @Crazy_Bug_Lady.... medication can blunt emotions, but don't beat yourself up for it.... The tears will probably come...

@Former-Member - That makes me so sad - our mental health system is failing so many - liberal cut several mental health programs recently & then flat out said they were allocating no more money to mental health - I used to vote liberal, as Howard implemented the mental health plan (which Rudd reduced from 12-18 to insufficient 10) I feel so disheartened that no major party seems interested in investing more into mental health. - political rant over -

I'm going to log off here now - feel too over stimulated - thank you for the company & kind words - I hope people have an okay weekend - enjoy the long one @Former-Member....

Look after yourself @Jacques

Namaste,

A

Former-Member
Not applicable

Night @Former-Member - hope that i didnt turn the conversation too gloomy! sorry if i did.. Hope you can wind down ok and get some rest! Good luck with your 4k run, i hope that its enjoyable.

Yes, i agree there is not enough support or funding for actual help and services for individuals that is suitable to chronic or severe mental illness.

hugs!

Hi @plasmo I'll have some carrot cake! about to get a cuppa as well if anyone wants one?

LJ

I'll have a tea and slice of carrot cake!!! @Former-Member @plasmo

Night @Former-Member

Thank you LJ *hugs and NikNik *hugs ... guys I am so sorry, I thought I finally had a night I could spend sharing/supporting with some jokes fun and friendly banter, but I have just had a call from a friend in need. Everyone, please know that even though I'm not as active as I used to be, it is only through being very busy (full time work, part time study and Dad)

I have so much that I will share with you all when I have a spare minute, It's almost like I need to schedule toilet breaks atm 

Just quickly, I'm loving my role as a peer worker (next month will be a year since I started), and I have 6 months to go on my Cert IV mental health peer work course. The course has been fantastic, the content and facilitators have been so enlightening

I truly feel like a lucky duck that has found the pond where he needs to be

thinking of you all always ❤️ matt

PS: no silly niknik not my knights jumper ... this lovely hawaiian shirt !!! the knights are sooo bad we deserve back to back wooden spoons ... but as my little fella says to me "dad, we need to stay true to the red and blue".

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi All, after an upsetting appointment with the psychiatrist I ended up having too many drinks and too much food and am now gonna snuggle up in my doona comforting myself. So glad I have a hubby who can make sure I come home safely. Of and Friday feast was German pork knuckles with mashed potato, sauerkraut and too much beer!!!
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi all, 

afraid my offering here is pretty sad -a packet of chips and a Rum and coke. This week my diet has been pretty pitiful - pizza, a pie, vegemite on toast and finally a packet of chips. Just sorted my kitchen out so I know where every thing is. Looking forward to the farmers market tomorrow to buy some fresh veggies. I'm craving something not from a packet. 

Sorry to hear about those having a tough time. My thoughts are with you 💜💐

@WombatBoots so nice to hear from you, I am glad things are working out for you, I know you are really good at your job, I am proud to call you my friend and to have had help from you.

Thank you all for a lovely night, sorry I had to go earlier, I was chatting to a friend

@Former-Member got any cereal? i could go a weetbix with vegemite

ooo weetbix with vegemite. I haven't heard of that one before @plasmo
I'm assuming you have the weetbix dry - ie: no milk - is that right?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance