Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Night Shift

@Mazarita  nice to catch up with you too.  Take care.  🙂

@Former-Member  I've seen him previously so I kind of knew what to expect regarding his manner of speaking I was just disappointed that he'd suggest AD again to me.  Just taking them again would be a new source of anxiety for me.  I'm trying to research the one he suggested.

Just popping my head in to say hi and thanks for the well-wishes re my Dad. He's out of surgery, taking time to recover from the anaesthetic .....

Wifi is a bit dodgy here ......

💗💕🌷
Former-Member
Not applicable

hate the at least too @Decadian but the end of your post made me smile. At least you will have a nice haircut and feel good about that for a while😊💜. I haven't washed my hair for 10 days now😳😱. My must do this afternoon. I have bursitis in my left shoulder. Nearly everything is ok apart from my hair and putting bras on and off😬 I really have nothing to whinge about. Anyway I hope you have an ok day. At least you can come back here to get it off your chest if not😝

Hi @eth

I saw a psychiatrist for years - I was in analysis - I wonder if they still have that

Pretty much it's turning up three times a week and sitting there talking for an hour while the shrink is adding up his Medicare rebate in his head - it may have helped to ramble on and on - in retrospect I can't tell

However this psychiatrist did not give me medication - I have never wanted that - and probably did not need it -

But everyone is different - in the middle of a stressful situation I guess it depends on what has worked for us in the past -

I wish you the best though - it's tough work - and something I want to learn more about -

Decadian - [thinking of you

Former-Member
Not applicable

That's no good @eth. I have not had bad experiences with antidepressants but I don't have any bipolar either and tolerate them well, I really feel for you if they will mess you around. I'm crossing fingers the psychologist can help too. Have you seen any of the online resources for anxiety? I'm hopeless at doing this stuff by myself but I know some people find it helpful. 

Hi @Decadian hope you're hair-cut turns out lovely.

Thanks @Former-Member  the psychologist printed some pages for me to read that I haven't looked at yet.  I have looked on-line in the past but am not motivated to do all the things suggested at the moment.

Heading off now to have some lunch.  Take care all.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Have a lovely afternoon @eth @Mazarita @Decadian 

Former-Member
Not applicable

http://www.ehub.anu.edu.au/assist 

e-hub Assist is a portal of resources for people who use e-hub services and e-facilitators who support others to use e-hub's online self-help programs.

It can be used by many people including mental health professionals, other health professionals, teachers, youth workers, carers and support workers.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey@comet how are you going?

Former-Member
Not applicable

WOHOO @Mazarita. I have a PHAMS support worker. Meet her Friday. 😊💜
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance