Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Having bad withdrawal from medication

@Tessa wrote:
Hi I'm new to the forum to I'm not sure where I start can someone help me

H

Re: New member

Welcome to the newbies.

I've been on and off here for a couple of months and have found it very helpful and supportive, especially when I'm in crisis mode.

I find it a little hard to keep up with the posts but trust that it's ok.

I've had depression and anxiety for about 15-20 years on and off. Now is an on period and I'm going through a change in medication which has been very difficult. But I do feel like I'm improving a bit.

I hope we can be a supportive and accepting place for you.

Cherpieus

Does my post go to everyone ? Should I just writ more?

Hi Tessa,

I never realised coming of meds can be so hard until recently. I came off a particular one and I felt like I was dying... and to be honest I kind of hoped I was.

It is a very difficult and scary time.  If you can take something that makes you feel a little better then that's a good thing so long as you don't get reliant on them for too long. One thing I took which helped was Fish Oil. Sounds weird I know but whenever I didn't take it I felt so much worse.

Things have settled for me now - it took a month. Now I've started on a new one which I was very scared to do but I can see a bit of improvement - apart from a bit of nausea.

Anger can be such a hard emotion to control. Breathing exercises can be good but hard to do in the heat of the moment.

Stay safe.

Cherpieus

Hi @Tessa
Welcome to the Forums. Yes your post goes to everyone 🙂

If you are looking for discussions about particular topics, the best thing to do is search for the term in  Search The Forum at the top of each page.
If you're wanting to share your story and get support or feedback from other members, I suggestion going to 'Our Experience and Stories'  and start a new discussion.

If you need more assistance, please don't hesitate to ask 🙂

Nik

Re: Having bad withdrawal from medication

Dear @Tessa

I've just read a comment written by you about your journey.....

It feels like we are both going through the same.

This is just my opinion....

It seems that learning to trust Psychiatrists is difficult it's very personal and feels like they're violating your personal space except it's your mind and your soul....your beliefs and thoughts. 

You first need to recognise that there is a problem. And that the Psychiatrist is there to help you. Its like having an addiction but having an addiction is easier to recognise.  

It's a vicious circle. Once you recognise you have a problem, you can break the cycle and you are on the road to recovery.... it doesn't have to be like a religious thing .....but accepting there is something wrong is the first step....it is a matter of trust....it's difficult because of fear of judgement.

Once you get the right meds for you you'll be fine but everyone is different and it's not one size fits all ....love PeppiPatty.

Hi...

I too am a bookworm and chocoholic... Smiley Very Happy

I love biographies and books set in past times as then I can learn more about history...And of course murder mysteries..

Wishing you all well..

Namaste-Inga

pip
Senior Contributor

Hi Kazzl. If you are who I suspect you are, this is Pip (Lynda). You possibly remember me from BB. I've been contributing here for a while now.

Hi, my first time on here, I have BPD and I'm feeling very low at the moment.  I moved to Australia 6 months ago and aside from my husband I don't know anyone.  I cannot work and I rarely go out.  I want to make friends or even just have someone to talk to but I don't know where to start.  I hope this will help, 

pip
Senior Contributor

@Catlover. Hi and welcome. Where do you come from? Are you talking Borderline Personality disorder, or bipolar? Are you seeing a Dr regularly for AD's. If you are, I suggest you ask at the Dr's about support groups in your area. You could also try lifeline fro support groups. I don't know which state you are in, but every state has MI support groups, and if you can contact your Dr or lifeline. Perhaps also try your local hospital which would possibly have a mental health ward. Hope this has helped somewhat. Please write back, anytime.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance